BLUE-GREEN ALGAE ALERT: Summer
Algae are common in fresh waters and one type, blue-green algae, sometimes grows into a large bloom that may contain dangerous toxins. Dogs have become very sick and have even died after swimming in and swallowing water affected by the toxic algae. If you find thick, brightly colored foam or scum at a lake, pond, or river, don’t let your pet drink or swim in the water!
If your dog gets into the water: wash your pet immediately and don’t let them lick their fur. If your dog has symptoms such as drooling, weakness, vomiting, staggering or convulsions after being in bloom affected water, call your veterinarian immediately!!
Please click on the following link to get more information on blue-green algae and the affected waters in your area and sign up to receive e-mails to keep you updated:
FOR CLIENTS WITH FINANCIAL RESTRAINTS, WE DO OFFER CARE CREDIT (a credit card specifically for your pet). TO FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK: http://www.carecredit.com/ AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. APPROVAL WITHIN MINUTES.
Pet Food Recalls
IF YOUR PET IS CURRENTLY ILL AND HAS BEEN EATING A FOOD THAT HAS BEEN RECALLED, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY.